The electricity bill needs to be paid, Buddy needs to go to the vet, the kids have soccer and you have to reschedule your meetings for Friday because you’re going to an emergency meeting in Sydney that you can’t back out of.
Breathe; everything will work out, right? Well, sure everything will always work out, but what kind of outcome do you want?
You COULD take Buddy to the vet before work one morning at ridiculous o’clock and keep him in overnight care (more money) because you won’t have time to get him in the afternoon, because you’re going to have to pay the electricity bill over the phone while you are so called ‘watching the kids’ at soccer practice, which you can only stay for half of because you have to duck to the shop to grab something for dinner, the house is a pig sty, and it’s mum’s birthday this week, no wait, what’s the date today? Arghh, it’s today!!!! Oh, mum, I’m so sorry!
I feel exhausted, stressed and anxious just reading that. There has to be an easier way… Below are some simple steps for busy people who are trying to juggle business and families, by My PA Life Management to help SIMPLIFY your life.
- Meal Planning – Dedicate 1 hour each week to planning your meals in an online calendar that you can view from your tablet, phone and desktop. Think about these things when deciding what’s for dinner:
- What activities/appointments are on each night?
- How many people to cook for that day?
- How much time are you going to have to prepare/cook the meal?
- What meals do my family like and are easy to prepare?
- Can I do a slow cooker meal that will make the end of the day easier?
- Then go shopping based on the list of meals you have planned, so that each day you know what you’re having for dinner and all the ingredients are there!
- Sort your Inbox into ‘To Be Actioned’, ‘To Be Read’ and file them. This decreases the clutter and if you’re in a pinch – just go to the ‘To Be Actioned’ box and know that you’re on top of it!
- Tidy the house before you go to bed – just 15 mins the night before will make an hour difference in the morning knowing where everything is.
- Prepare the night before – things like clothes, bags, homework, lunchboxes and meeting items.
- Outsource your cleaning, housekeeping and garden work – bless someone else a job, and take a massive time-consuming burden off your shoulders.
- Write lists. We cannot stress this enough. Although a bit of an ‘old school’ approach to organisation in today’s society it gives yourself clear direction for what you need to complete in order of importance and man does it feel good to be able to cross off items from your to-do! Lists also provide a great sense of accomplishment so you can see how much you have gotten done in a day.
- Hire a Life PA. Sometimes we need to admit defeat and remember we can’t do everything on our own, and having someone to remind us, be our on-call help and just manage it all, can breathe life back into our lives. This won’t be the case for everybody as we all have different schedules, but remember if you need help, ask for it, everybody else is doing it! My PA is here to help 1300 247 697 or http://mylifemypa.com.au/get-started/